【UNITALK】David Knott: The solution of Blockchain Scalability Problem–Plasma
This interview is divided into two sessions: Fixed Q&A and Free Q&A.
UNITALK AMA–Fix Q&A Session:
1. How has your love nature and adventure influenced who you are now?
2. How did you get started in blockchain, become immersed in the Ethereum ecosystem, and then start working on Plasma?
3. Using a real world analogy, how does Plasma tackle blockchain scalability?
4. The OMG Network was designed in anticipation of Plasma. How will Plasma support a scalable, fully on-chain exchange without sacrificing security, and what are your most pressing concerns right now?
To generalize this, blockchain technology is young, therefore interdisciplinary skills are more valuable. The three fields where I see the most intersection are cryptography, distributed systems, and cryptoeconomics.
5. What’s Plasma Cash and why does it require less data checking?
6. Does Plasma need some sort of off-chain centralized system or oracle to detect and deal with root chain network congestion?
7. What are fast withdrawals and mass withdrawals and how are they different?
8. How can we get faster economic finality on Plasma?
9. How can the Plasma architecture interact with Ethereum and how will it’s use effect Ethereum?
UNITALK AMA–Free Q&A Session:
1. In terms of the availability of plasma. Have you ever considered a recovery protocol after a block withholding attack is detected and every user has exited?
2.Can you clarify the plasma cash chain id part a bit? Does that mean that you actually will allwo users to run multiple child chains at the same time?
3.Will you issue tokens for OMG plasma chain? What do you think about the incentives for the child chain? Also curious what’s the TX speed and volum do you think plasma can handle? Have you done any benchmark? How close do you think your plasma will be ready to be rolled out to prod?
4.I’ve read some discussions about off-chain validation with Plasma on-chain smart contract recently. Here’s one question: Even if STARK mechanism is used to mitigate the load of main chain , the computation overhead for Plasma operators may still be expensive if the number of Plasma accounts is big enough. Will it lead to an undesirable multicentralized result banning small operators away？If so, what’s your next plan to deal with it？
5.Mako: Can EVM run on Plasma? And could we write smart contrect on Plasma?
6.Within the logic of the child chain tree, if we are dealing with the other data structure (such like medical record, car tracking record) instead of the financial application, will those data be stored in the every child chain’s nodes or only one child chain’s nodes？If we are going to build a permissioned blockchain networks to handle the mass of commercial data first, then backup the header no-real-time on the Ethereum to get the security and decentralized ability, is there any concept we can borrow from the plasma?
7.You have mentioned sharding on plasma. Can you do it without support of smart contract on plasma?
8.Every one could submit block roots? What if many users submit the same block?
9.Heard about Plasma Credit from Eric Olszewski the other day, are you involved in that project? If so can you briefly talk about it?
Declaration: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to repost this article and indicate the source. Opinions expressed by Contributors belong to themselves.